6 Strange Weight Loss Tips That Actually Work
It seems like everybody has some super-secret weight loss formula tucked away in their back pocket, waiting for the day you complain that you just can’t seem to lose those stubborn pounds. Then they can whip out their new, phenomenal miracle cure for obstinate fat! Drum roll please…yes, by George, I think they’ve done it!
Some of the tips you’ll get when it comes to losing weight are no-brainers. Just say no to cake. Walk while you’re watching TV. Etcetera, etcetera. Blah de blah de blah. You’ve heard it all before. Some of them, however, are so out there that you’ll have to give them a try, just to see if they actually work!
- Dip the handles of your silverware in your food when you’re done eating. Especially if it’s something sticky. The idea being that you’re not going to want to deal with messy utensils, and will walk away instead of saying yes to seconds after all!
- Put a “Fat Pic” of yourself at your heaviest up on the fridge where you can see it.Every. Single. Day. Let that tangible reminder of why you’re counting calories help you just say no to the second helping of pumpkin pie!
- Get rid of the good stuff. If it’s not in your kitchen, you’re not going to eat it. Sure, your freezer might look a little barren without your usual pint of Ben & Jerry’s. But you’re not going to be sneaking out in the middle of the night to wolf down a full pint of Chunky Monkey if there’s nothing there to wolf.
- Put a fruit bowl right in the middle of the table, and keep it filled. This is actually something we stumbled across by accident a year or so back. The kids were doing too much munching on unhealthy snacks, so we put a big bowl of fruit right where they could get to it and started directing them there instead. If fruit is the convenient snack, it’s what you’re going to go for.
- Keep a Tupperware container of sliced veggies in your fridge. See above. Convenient snacking is the pitfall of a healthy diet.
- Just say no to “fat clothes”. We all have them. Those jeans that are just a little too big 364 days out of the year, but work great when you’ve had just a little too much to eat. Or when you put on that holiday 10. The looser your clothes are, however, the less inspired you’re going to be to lose weight. Grab for those skinny jeans instead.
Remember, losing weight is all about motivation. What weird weight loss techniques motivate you?